Friday, January 31, 2020

Trey How Latin helps me in real life

Trey Smith

1. Understanding basic words like father mother and food when they said it in assassins creed odyssey last year
2. When my sister asked why the ambulance is called an ambulance and I told her because I knew the Latin root ambulant which means to walk, a couple weeks ago
3. When watching Justice League war and understanding references when Wonder Woman correlates all the members of the league to different roman gods a few weeks ago
4.When I saw the pokemon falinks and noticed that it was a pokemon based on a Roman army formation and had Roman armor and shields plus spears about half a year ago
5. When I am driving around with my mom and I see a certain house with columns or arches that are similar to roman architecture and how they would decorate their columns and archways which I see pretty often even a couple days ago

Overall while I do get a lot of comments about why would I take Latin instead of Spanish or others, I am very grateful that I chose what I did for many reasons. For one it introduced me to larger more advance words and how to deal with them using context but also the importance of sentence structure when forming the sentence correctly to get the correct point across. But also even before I joined Latin I had an appreciation and interest in just baseline stories of greek myths but now having a better understanding of Rome and their ways really brings more realism and intrest to the same stories and introduces new stories for me to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment